Snickerdoodle French Toast
I picked up the new Lucerne Seasonal Snickerdoodle Coffee Creamer for just $1.24 a bottle this week and made this amazing Snickerdoodle French Toast recipe that I wanted to share. The inspiration came from one of our SuperSafeway readers, and I’m so thankful for her idea because this French Toast is so amazing! Rather than use milk to create the custard with the eggs, use the Lucerne Snickerdoodle Creamer. The result is a delicious sugar cookie and cinnamon flavor that is unique and celebrates the season! The Lucerne Snickerdoodle Creamer will only be available for the holiday season – so be sure to pick some up and make this French toast for your family!
How to Make Snickerdoodle French Toast:
You start by whisking the eggs in a shallow bowl. Add the creamer, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, and whisk until frothy.
Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture, first on one side, then the other.
Cook both sides in a greased non-stick skillet until golden.
My family loves snickerdoodle cookies, but I’ve never made them, so I always appreciate when a neighbor makes them and shares during the holidays. Snickerdoodles are not simply sugar cookies rolled in cinnamon. In fact – they have a distinct flavor profile and texture that sets them apart from sugar cookies.
While snickerdoodles and sugar cookies share a lot of basic ingredients (flour, sugar, butter), there is one key ingredient that’s critical to the signature snickerdoodle taste: cream of tartar. You might think this sounds like an odd thing to put in your dessert, but it’s the age-old secret to those snickerdoodle cookies we all love so much.
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons Lucerne Snickerdoodle Creamer
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 slices thick or Texas toast style bread
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Add creamer, vanilla, and cinnamon, and whisk until frothy.
- Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture, first on one side, then the other.
- Cook both sides in a greased non-stick skillet until golden.
- Serve with maple syrup or sprinkled powder sugar
You can also pick up Lucerne Egg Nog and make this delicious Crock Pot Egg Nog French Toast recipe
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary.*