Crockpot French Toast
Crockpot Eggnog French Toast is the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning or New Years Day brunch. Infused with warm vanilla and cinnamon and topped with a warm maple creme syrup, this dish is to die for! I’ve always done an overnight French toast, where you soak the bread in the custard mixture overnight and then bake it in the morning, but you can easily put your crockpot to work and make an Eggnog French Toast to celebrate the season and give your French toast a delicious nutmeg eggnog flavor.
You could also add some cubed cream cheese to the crock pot for extra creaminess when adding the bread and custard mixture. You cook it on low for 4 hours so that the custard soaks into every corner of the French bread and results in a delicious brunch option!
Take advantage of the great deals on butter, eggnog, cinnamon, and pecans at Safeway to make this for breakfast or brunch this weekend!
Crockpot French Toast
Crockpot Eggnog French Toast is the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning or New Years Day brunch. Infused with warm vanilla and nutmeg and topped with a warm maple creme syrup, this dish is to die for!
- 1 18 ounce French bread loaf
- 8 Lucerne® eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Lucerne® Eggnog divided
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup maple syrup divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Line a crockpot with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Cut bread into cubes and place in crockpot.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Add 2 1/4 cups eggnog, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and 1/2 cup maple syrup, whisking well. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
3. Cover, turn on low for 4 hours. Remove lid and sprinkle in pecans. Scoop on plates and drizzle top with Maple Creme Syrup.
4. In a microwavable bowl or mug, pour maple syrup. Microwave for 1 minute. Whisk in 1/4 cup eggnog.
We are giving away $200 in Safeway Gift Cards. Enter to win here.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *