Spicy Cod Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Lime Slaw
Spicy Cod Fish Tacos with a Creamy Jalapeno-Lime Slaw – quick, easy, delicious and kid-friendly!
Be sure to take advantage of the super-hot deal on Alaskan wild-caught cod fillets at Safeway – $4.99/lb. with Just for U Digital Coupon and you can quickly make these delicious spicy cod fish tacos with a jalapeno lime slaw for a perfect Lenten meal!
How to Make Fish Tacos
To cook the fish, simply pat the fish dry and season generously with a cajun seasoning blend. My personal favorite is the O Organics Cajun Seasoning Blend. It’s a little salty, a little spicy and a perfect seasoning for seafood and chicken! Once the fish is seasoned, place it on a rimmed baking sheet and into a 400-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The fish will be flaky when it’s cooked through.
Meanwhile, prepare the slaw by combining mayo, sour cream, lime zest and lime juice in a small bowl and using the creamy mixture to toss the coleslaw. Finely dice jalapeno and chop green onion and add to the slaw mixture.
It’s really not that spicy, it just adds the perfect amount of heat for the fish tacos!
Serve in warmed flour or corn tortillas with sliced avocado and lime on the side!
Spicy Fish Tacos With Jalapeno Lime Slaw
- 1 pound boneless skinless cod fillets, thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon O Organics Cajun seasoning
- 12 flour tortillas warmed
- 2 avocados sliced
Jalapeno Lime Slaw
- 1 package coleslaw mix or chop your own red & green cabbage and shredded carrots
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced, more for serving (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice and zest of lime
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Pat fish dry and gently coat with oil and seasoning mix. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes until fish flakes easily and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Flake into pieces with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together coleslaw, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, jalapeno, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside.
- To serve, fill tortillas with slaw, top with fish and avocado slices.
Looking for other delicious cod recipes? Try these:
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*