Teriyaki Salmon Lettuce Wraps
Delicious Teriyaki Salmon Lettuce Wraps filled with macadamia nuts and fresh mango are the perfect meal when you want something light, but full of flavor!
Salmon is always a winner and this teriyaki salmon lettuce wrap recipe is super easy to make – and in under 20 minutes, you can have dinner on the table.
My kids love anything teriyaki and lettuce wraps are always fun because you can place all the toppings in little bowls and let everyone make their own lettuce wraps!
This recipe is originally from Safeway and I’ve tried it many times and it is exceptional!
Take advantage of the hot deal on salmon at Safeway – just $5.97 per lb. and make these delicious Teriyaki Salmon Wraps for dinner tonight!
If you like this salmon recipe, be sure to check out some of our other salmon recipes here:
Teriyaki Salmon Lettuce Wraps
- 2, 5- oz salmon filets with skin removed
- 2 Tbs Signature SELECT™ sesame & ginger Teriyaki marinade Island teriyaki marinade (or similar), plus 1 tablespoon if needed
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or red bell pepper
- 8 Leaves O Organics® living butter lettuce rinsed and patted dry with paper towels (green leaf, romaine or iceberg lettuce can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup jicama matchsticks jicama cut into thin, 3-inch long strips
- 2 green onions white and green, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup Snack Artist® dry roasted macadamia nuts coarsely chopped (soy nuts or other nut can be substituted)
Line a 9-inch baking dish with foil and preheat the broiler with rack positioned about 6-inches from the heat source.
Coat the foil with cooking spray (or brush lightly with canola or extra virgin olive oil). Place two salmon filets on the foil and spread a tablespoon of marinade over each filet.
Broil about 4 minutes, then turn filets. Spread the remaining tablespoon of marinade over the salmon filets. Broil additional 4 minutes or until salmon is cooked through at the thickest part of filet.
Break up the salmon into small pieces in the baking dish and blend with the marinade/drippings in the dish. Stir in more teriyaki marinade, if needed (about a tablespoon). Add diced bell pepper and stir.
To prepare each wrap, put several jicama matchsticks down the center of each leaf, add salmon mixture and then top with green onions and chopped macadamia nuts. Enjoy.
If you can't find salmon with skin removed, cook it with the skin on and the skin will stick to the foil, making it easier to remove to add to the lettuce wraps.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*