Honey, Garlic, Butter Salmon Recipe
Salmon in a sweet and savory sauce makes up this honey, garlic butter salmon recipe the whole family will love.
Salmon is a weekly staple in our house and this Honey, Garlic, Butter Salmon recipe is so easy to prepare that it makes an appearance at least 2-3 times a month.
The salmon is infused with honey, lemon, and garlic from the sauce in which it cooks on the stovetop.
I like to baste the salmon with the sauce so that each bite has the essence of the sweet garlicky sauce. You can then use the sauce as a topping for steamed vegetables and rice.
Take advantage of the sale on salmon fillets at Safeway right now and make this recipe for dinner this week!
salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Honey, Garlic Butter Salmon
Start by making the sauce in an ovenproof pan on the stovetop. Heat the pan to medium-high heat. Saute the garlic until fragrant, just a minute or so.
Add the honey and lemon juice to the pan and stir to mix. Add the salmon to the pan with the skin side up. You’ll want the flesh of the salmon to get caramelized with the sauce before flipping the fish to finish cooking in the oven.
Cook the fish in the sauce for about 4-6 minutes, basting often.
Flip the salmon, then place it in the oven to finish cooking for 5-6 minutes. You could also finish cooking in the pan if you prefer.
Other Salmon Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. salmon cut into 4 fillets
- salt and pepper to season
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice squeezed
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in an oven-proof skillet or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop until melted. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Add the honey and the lemon juice to the pan; stir well to combine.
- Add the salmon fillets to the sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin side up) for 4-5 minutes while basting with the pan juices.
- Flip the salmon and add the lemon wedges to the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven for an additional 5-6 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- To serve, drizzle with the sauce and a squeeze of the roasted lemons. Serve with steamed vegetables, over rice or with potatoes.
Serve the salmon with a simple steamed vegetable like broccoli or asparagus. See below for some suggestions.
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest board here.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *