Easy Halloween Treats
Halloween will look very different this year because of the pandemic. That doesn’t mean that you can’t make fun treats for the kids to enjoy.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. The kids love to get dressed up and they always have a parade and party at school where they can show off their creative costumes and enjoy a little celebration.
I like to give the kids something fun and festive, but without spending hours in the kitchen. These 5 Easy Halloween Treats are perfect because they can be prepared the night before or even the morning of in 30 minutes or less.
Monster Eye Treats
Puffed Rice and Marshmallow Treats:
- 6 Tbs unsweetened butter
- 10.5 oz mini marshmallows
- food coloring
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 10 oz large marshmallows
- gummy rings
- black licorice
1. In a 5-quart saucepan, melt butter and miniature marshmallows over low heat. Remove from heat and add food coloring, stirring to incorporate fully before adding cereal. Press into a 9×13” pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
2. Cut puffed rice and marshmallow treats into circles (use a biscuit cutter) or squares and top with eyes. To make candy eyes, cut marshmallows in half and place sticky side down on treats. Top with the gummy rings. Insert a small piece of licorice into the middle of the gummy ring. Serve.
1. Spray your hands with non-stick spray to easily press puffed rice and marshmallow mixture into the pan.
2. Use a small dab of honey to secure the gummy ring/ licorice to the marshmallow.
Black Cat Cupcakes
Easy Ghost Cookies
- 18 Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Cookies
- Decorating gel or assorted small candies/sprinkles
- Microwave chocolate in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spread chocolate onto one side of each cookie for the ghost’s “body.” Cool slightly.
- Decorate with gels and/or candies to create “faces.” Cool until chocolate is set.
Chocolate Witch Hats
Chocolate Witch Hats
- melting semi-sweet chocolate
- Meting white chocolate
- 16 thin chocolate cookies
- 16 medium strawberries, washed and stems cut to create a flat surface
- orange decorating gel or icing (in a tube)
1. Melt semi-sweet and white chocolate according to package instructions. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip cookies (8 in semi-sweet chocolate, 8 in white chocolate) individually, evenly coating both sides of each cookie. Place on the baking sheet.
2. Pat strawberries dry with a paper towel. Dip strawberries individually (8 in semi-sweet chocolate, 8 in white chocolate) in remaining chocolate, placing the pointed ends up on the cookies. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes to set.
3. Use decorating icing to draw rim around the bottom edges of strawberries. Serve.
1. Use a fork to easily dip the cookies and strawberries in the chocolate and allow excess chocolate to drip back into the chocolate bowl before placing the items on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
2. Break or cut your chocolate into small chunks for consistent melting.
3. Chocolate should be a little thin for dipping. A thin consistency will coat your cookies and strawberries evenly. If the chocolate is completely melted and still not thin, add a bit of vegetable oil to thin it out.
4. Make sure strawberries are thoroughly dried and at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Any moisture or water will cause the chocolate to “seize” and be unusable.
If you can’t serve peanut utter at the party, you can opt for popcorn squares – see a great recipe for Caramel Apple Popcorn Squares here.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *