Authentic Greek Salad Recipe
Crisp fresh veggies, salty feta, savory oregano and briny olives make up an Authentic Greek Salad, perfect for a hot summer day!
An authentic Greek salad doesn’t have lettuce, in fact, it is full of fresh crisp veggies, salty feta and briny Kalamata olives.
The Kalamata olive is a large, dark purple olive with a smooth, meaty texture, named after the city of Kalamata in the southern Peloponnese, Greece. Often used as table olives, they are usually preserved in wine vinegar or olive oil. They are not the same as black olives, which have a totally different flavor profile.
New at Safeway, you will find O Organics organic Kalamata olives, which are exported from Greece.
They are gorgeous, big olives, pitted for easier enjoyment, and super flavorful. The best part is they are not too salty, which other brands can often be quite salty from the brine. Perfect for adding to salads, pasta, enjoying with hummus or a veggie crudites platter, you cannot go wrong.
Try the new O Organics Kalamata Olives on sale for just $2.99 a jar when you buy 5 or more participating items, mix and match through June 9th. You’ll find the olives in the condiment aisle of your local Safeway.
Ingredients in Authentic Greek Salad
- English cucumber
- feta cheese
- bell peppers
- Kalamata olives
- pepperoncini peppers
- red onion
- fresh mint
- olive oil
How to Make an Authentic Greek Salad
Chop the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and place in a bowl. Top with whole Kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, and sliced pepperoncini peppers.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and dried Greek oregano.
For extra freshness, you can add finely chopped mint to the salad.
Authentic Greek Salad
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 English cucumber quartered and diced
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 bell peppers red, yellow or green
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup pepperoncini peppers
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly cracked
- Chop the tomatoes, peppers, onion and cucumber and place in a large bowl.
- Top with whole Kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, and sliced pepperoncini peppers.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and dried Greek oregano.
- Mix to combine
- Add finely chopped mint to the salad.
- Serve with a size of toasted pita bread to sop up all the delicious juices in the bowl from the fresh veggies.
If you like this Authentic Greek salad, you can also try a Chickpea Greek Salad that has garbanzo beans for added fiber and protein.
You can also check out this delicious Greek Chicken Skillet with Orzo Recipe that uses Kalamata olives.
Sale on O Organics Kalamata Olives
- O Organics Kalamata Olives 6.3 oz jar on sale for $2.99 a jar when you buy 5 or more participating items, mix and match through June 9th
- Final Price = $2.99
Regularly $4.59 each, you’ll save 35% with the sale. This is a fabulous price for Greek organic Kalamata olives!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*