Bang Bang Shrimp & Chicken Rice Bowl
The ultimate take-out dinner you can make at home for less, Bang Bang Shrimp and Chicken Bowls with savory curry, ginger, coconut and peanut sauce is an easy recipe for a weeknight meal.
Shrimp and chicken are pan-seared and coated in a savory ginger, curry and coconut peanut sauce in this fabulous Bang Bang Shrimp and Chicken dish. It’s easy to make and you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less. I love a good Thai-style coconut curry take out meal and this meal totally hits the spot without breaking the bank!
Take advantage of the hot deals on chicken, shrimp, and broccoli to make this dinner for your family this week.
Bang Bang Shrimp Sauce
The secret to the Bang Bang Shrimp and Chicken recipe is the sauce. Combine milk with coconut extract, ginger, peanut butter, curry powder, and garlic to create the most delicious sauce you can imagine to serve with your shrimp, chicken, and rice.
I’ve made this with regular milk and coconut extract and I’ve made this with canned coconut milk and they both turn out perfectly! If you don’t have coconut extract on hand, you can easily sub a can of coconut milk – full fat or lite – they both work great!
Bang Bang Shrimp and Chicken Rice Bowl
The ultimate take-out dinner you can make at home for less, Bang Bang Shrimp and Chicken Bowls with a savory curry, ginger, coconut and peanut sauce is an easy recipe for a weeknight meal.
- 3/4 cup whole milk full fat canned coconut milk or low fat or fat free half and half can be substituted
- 2 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen large shrimp or prawns deveined (tails on or off, uncooked (thaw in refrigerator if using frozen))
- 2 boneless skinless raw chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 tsp curry powder add more to taste
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets bite-siz(lightly micro-cooked or steamed
- 1 1/2 cups carrot slices cut diagonall(lightly micro-cooked or steamed
- 2-3 cups cooked brown rice
- Optional Garnish: chopped roasted peanuts and/or toasted flaked or shredded coconut
Begin cooking brown rice.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine 3 tablespoons of milk with peanut butter. Stir in the remaining milk and the coconut extract; set aside.
Heat canola oil in 12” non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and shrimp and stir-fry until cooked through and golden in color (about 6 minutes). Add green onions, curry, cumin, red pepper flakes (if desired), ginger and garlic and stir-fry an additional minute or two.
Stir in broccoli florets, carrot slices and the milk mixture, reduce heat to simmer and let cook, covered, for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Serve each portion of the chicken and shrimp mixture over about 3/4 cup of rice and sprinkle each serving with chopped peanut and/ or chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming, and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*