Free Safeway Drive Up & Go Service
Did you know that Safeway Drive Up & Go grocery pickup service is available as part of Safeway’s grocery delivery options? This convenient service allows you to place your grocery orders online, schedule a pick-up time and Safeway will put the groceries directly into your car for free as long as you meet a $30 minimum purchase.
The drive up and go service is especially great at times when you can’t get to the store.
Perfect for busy moms or dads who don’t want to grocery shop with kids in tow, business professionals who want to grab their groceries on the way home without having to do an hour of shopping first, and anyone looking for the convenience of having your grocery shopping done for you.
How Does Safeway Curbside Pickup Work?
Ordering your groceries online or through your mobile device is quick and easy, simply visit Safeway.com or you can download the Safeway grocery delivery app through Google Play or the App Store and place your order using your mobile phone. This is a different app than the Safeway Just for U app.
Be sure to select the pickup option when prompted and then create your shopping list.
If you have ordered from Safeway grocery delivery service before, your shopping history is remembered, so you can quickly reuse an entire past order or quickly add items to make a new list. Additional ways to create your list include shopping by aisle, searching for ingredients individually, or shopping by recipe where recipe ingredients are added to your shopping list with the click of a button.
The system will also ask you if you will allow substitutions to your order. You can choose any substitutes one by one, or simply indicate you do not want substitutes if that is the case.
Selecting your Pick Up Window
Once you finish placing your order, you can select your pickup window.
If you want your order to be picked up the same day, then you’ll need to place your order before 3:00 am for delivery or pick up between 9:00 am – 4:00 pm and for the afternoon, you’ll need to place your order before 8:30 am for delivery or pick up between 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
The orders are held inside the store for a 2-hour window, so if you are running late, not to worry, you have to 2 hours to collect your groceries.
Note – Because of the coronavirus and subsequent increase in volume, pick-up times may be scheduled a few days to a week out.
Safeway Drive-Up & Go Pricing and Promotions
The Safeway Drive Up & Go prices are the same as the Safeway online grocery delivery pricing.
This means online and physical store prices, promotions and offers may vary. However, Just for U digital coupons/price points/ offers that you add to your account before placing your order will be accepted.
You will be charged the prices and receive the promotions applicable to your online store and selected delivery method (i.e. delivery or Drive Up & Go) on the day of delivery or pick up.
Paper manufacturer coupons are not accepted for the Drive-up & Go service, however, Just for U digital coupons are accepted.
Additionally, there are many online promotions and special e-commerce offers built into the grocery delivery and pickup services. Therefore, there are plenty of savings opportunities available to maximize your grocery delivery and take advantage of the convenience!
If you consider the amount of time saved by not having to do your own shopping, that may be greater than a few bucks saved with clipping and presenting paper coupons.
Click on Deals, then Promo Code deals to see the available e-commerce deals available.
Safeway Drive Up & Go Cost
The Safeway Drive Up & Go service is FREE as long as you meet a $30 minimum purchase requirement! How awesome is that?
Someone else does all the shopping for and even puts it into your car at no cost to you!
Safeway Drive Up & Go Curbside Pickup Locations
The Safeway grocery pickup service is currently available at 33 Colorado locations You can always check the closest location to you based on your zip code on the Safeway.com website here.
The current locations include:
- 757 E 20th Ave, Denver, CO 80205
- 2660 N Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80211
- 323 S Broadway, Denver CO 80209
- 2150 S Downing St, Denver CO 80210
- 3800 W 44th Ave, Denver, CO 80211
- 6460 E Yale Ave, Denver, CO 80222
- 6220 E 14th Ave, Denver, CO 80220
- 200 Quebec St #400, Denver, CO 80230
- 3840 E 104th Ave, Thornton CO 80233
- 18730 E Hampden Ave, Aurora, CO 80013
- 6100 S Gun Club Rd, Aurora, CO 80016
- 1677 S Havana St. Aurora, CO 80012
- 1200 S Buckley Rd, Aurora CO 80017
- 12200 E Mississippi Ave, Aurora, CO 80012
- 7375 E Arapahoe Rd, Englewood CO 80112
- 11051 S Parker Rd Parker, CO 80134
- 3602 W 144th Ave, Broomfield CO 80020
- 9255 S Broadway, Highlands Ranch CO 80129
- 1601 Coalton Rd, Superior CO 80027
- 9229 E Lincoln Ave, Lone Tree CO 80124
- 3851 S Hwy 74, Evergreen CO 80439
- 3325 28th St, Boulder CO 80301
- 8134 County Rd 13, Firestone CO 80504
- 880 S Perry St, Castle Rock CO 80104
- 220 S Elizabeth St, Elizabeth CO 80107
- 1451 W Eisenhower Blvd, Loveland CO 80537
- 4548 Centerplace Dr, Greeley CO 80634
- 27152 Main St, Conifer, CO 80433
Safeway Drive Up & Go Locations in Colorado Springs
- 624 Hwy 105, Monument CO 80132
- 7655 Mclaughlin Rd Falcon, CO 80831
- 6925 Mesa Ridge Pkwy, Fountain, CO 80817
- 8750 N Union Blvd Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- 2890 N Powers Colorado Springs, CO 80922
When you are ready to pick up your order, simply drive to your local Safeway where you placed the grocery pickup order, park in one of the designated spaces in the front of the store (there will be signs to help you), and dial the phone number listed on the sign.
Each store will have its unique sign and phone number. A Safeway team member will bring your groceries right out to your car for you along with a copy of your receipt.
It’s just one more way that Safeway is making grocery shopping more convenient!
Have you tried the new Safeway Drive-up & Go grocery pickup service? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*