Corn Chip Chicken With Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Corn flake chicken is a popular item in our meal rotation, as is parmesan chicken, but to mix it up, I recently tried tortilla chips as the coating, and my kids told me that Corn Chip Chicken is their favorite of all the “breaded” chicken recipes that I make. It really is extra crunchy and flavorful over plain breadcrumbs. I made 2 batches – one with buffalo sauce added to the Greek Yogurt and one just plain. I also prepared it with the cilantro lime dip and they all loved that as well. We were a divided household – 3 loved the buffalo style and 2 liked it plain with the dipping sauce. Either way you make it, this recipe is a crowd pleaser as well!
Take advantage of the hot sale on boneless, skinless chicken breasts at Safeway and make this delicious corn chip coated chicken for dinner this week! The cilantro lime dipping sauce is full of flavor as well – and if you like a little heat, you can always add some chopped jalapeno to the sauce while pureeing. I would stick with one tablespoon of jalapeno.
Thanks to our friends at Safeway for the recipe idea!
Corn Chip Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1, 10 oz. bag O Organics® yellow corn chips
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro stems removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1 small avocado
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lime about 2 Tbs lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400º. Season both sides of chicken tenderloins with salt. Place them in a large plastic zip-top bag with Greek yogurt to marinate.
- Crush corn chips by putting them in a food processor and pulsing several times until a semi-fine texture is reached. Or, put them in a zip-top bag and crush them with your hands.
- Take each chicken tender and place it in the bag with the crushed chips, fully coating each side with the crumbled corn chips. Place each chicken piece onto a baking sheet lined with foil or a silicone baking mat. Repeat for the rest of the 2 lbs of chicken tenders.
- To make cilantro sauce, in a food processor, add Greek yogurt, cilantro, green onions, and garlic. Process until smooth. Add olive oil (or avocado), salt and lime juice. Process again until smooth.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *