Grilled Cherry Crisp With Maple and Graham Cracker Crumble a La Mode
Celebrate the cherry season with this Grilled Cherry Packet recipe. Made on the grill or in the oven with cherries, butter, maple syrup, orange juice, ice cream and a homemade Graham Cracker Crumble, this versatile recipe is perfect for summer evenings!
Mix it up by making Gilled Cherry Crisp with fresh orange segments and maple syrup on the grill in foil packets and toast the graham cracker crumble in the oven for just 10-15 minutes while the cherries are heating on the grill.
Combine the grilled cherries with a scoop of ice cream, cherry-maple syrup and the graham crumble in a mason jar for a pretty presentation or a bowl if you don’t have mason jars sitting around.
Take advantage of the HOT deal on fresh cherries at Safeway right now – just $1.88/lb with a Just for U Digital Coupon to make this grilled cherry crisp this week!
Check out other recipes to make using cherries here:
- 1 orange peeled, cut into segments
- 24 cherries pitted
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 4 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 scoops Signature SELECT™ vanilla ice cream
- 4 large squares Signature SELECT™ aluminum foil
- graham crackers crumbles see Graham Cracker Crumble directions
Graham Cracker Crumble:
- 6 Signature SELECT™ honey graham crackers
- 4 Tbs all Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 4 Tbs granulated sugar
- Double stack aluminum foil squares to create two packets, combine the cherries, orange slices, orange juice, maple syrup and butter, then divide between the two squares and wrap up in foil, sealing the top.
- Place onto preheated grill for approximately 8-10 minutes per side or until thoroughly heated. Note: you should be able to hear the liquid boiling.
- Remove from grill and divide into jars, then top with ice cream and pour syrup over top. Garnish with crushed graham crackers
Graham Cracker Crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Put graham crackers, flour, salt and sugar into food processor, process until finely ground.
- Transfer to mixing bowl, add in melted butter, mix well.
- Line small baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, add crumb mixture.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden brown, stirring as necessary to allow for even toasting.
- Remove from oven and cool.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*