Blueberry Peach Popsicles
Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of fresh seasonal ingredients to make your own dessert – like homemade Blueberry Peach Popsicles. It’s also a great time to get the kids into the kitchen to make something fun and delicious that they can enjoy and that you’ll feel good about because you know what’s in it!
The kids and I have been making our own popsicles for years. We just use yogurt or juice as the base, throw in some fresh or frozen fruits and freeze for four hours or so until hard. I love it because the kids feel like they are eating dessert before dinner and I think of it as a healthy snack full of protein and antioxidants.
Take advantage of the hot sale on fresh peaches at Safeway – $.97/lb starting June 24th to make these Blueberry Peach Pops. See more meal ideas to make with sale ingredients here.
Blueberry Peach Popsicles Recipe
recipe courtesy of Safeway
1. In a food processor or blender, add peaches, yogurt, honey and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour about 1/3 of peach purée into the molds and distribute about half of the blueberries into the molds.
3. Pour 1/3 more of the peach purée, topping with remaining blueberries, then finish adding remaining 1/3 of the peach puree to the molds.
4. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
Blueberry Peach Popsicles
We’re obsessed with all things fruity and delicious! This Blueberry Peach Popsicles recipe is simple enough for a fun family treat and elegant enough to elevate a backyard party. Whole blueberries give these frozen pops a whole lot of look and a burst of summer flavor.
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup Open Nature vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbs O Organics honey
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
In a food processor or blender, add peaches, yogurt, honey and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
Pour about 1/3 of peach purée into the molds and distribute about half of the blueberries into the molds.
Pour 1/3 more of the peach purée, topping with remaining blueberries, then finish adding remaining 1/3 of the peach puree to the molds.
Freeze for at least 4 hours.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *