Loaded Waffle Fries Nachos
A delicious option for game day, these waffle fries nachos are loaded with melted cheese, black olives, avocado, tomatoes, green onion and jalapenos.
While waffle fries are a perfect side for chicken tenders or burgers, here they take center stage as the base of nachos. The best part is they never get soggy, unlike tortilla chips which inevitably get soggy after a few minutes of sitting with the toppings. The waffle fries stay crispy and last the duration. These will be gobbled up quickly at your game day celebration.
These also make a great budget-friendly meal. No judgment here – you’ve got veggies, fat, and carbs – add your protein of choice and call it a meal!
Waffle Fry Nachos are versatile – top with whatever you like. We went with traditional nacho toppings, but you can add bacon, pepperoni, diced chicken, ground taco meat. No rules here – just an inspiration for a game day eat that can feed a crowd!
Save on frozen waffle fries, avocados and cheese on sale now at Safeway to make your own waffle fries nachos.
Ingredients in Waffle Fry Nachos
- 1 32-ounce bag criss-cross cut waffle fries
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded
- 3 green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream, dolloped on nachos
You can add meat to the nachos if you’d like. Taco seasoned ground beef, chicken or ground turkey would work as would shredded chicken, beef or pork.
Alternatively, you can add crisp bacon and chives to make these a base for Irish nachos.
Air Fryer Waffle Fries
Cooking the waffle fries in the air fryer is super simple and saves you from heating the oven. The only downside is that you are limited to the size of your air fryer. If you have a small air fryer – then you can only fit like 8 waffle fries. Perfect for one, but if you are making these for a crowd, its best to use the oven.
Place the waffle fries in a single layer in the air fryer. Set the temperature to 400 for 10 minutes. At the 8 minute mark, check the fries and top with shredded cheese and black olives. Place the fries back into the air fryer for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Top with your choice of toppings – chopped tomatoes, jalapeno, avocado, sour cream, green onions.
How to Make Loaded Waffle Fries Nachos
Preheat the oven to 425° F.
Place the waffle fries on a sheet pan and bake for 14 minutes.
While the fries are baking, slice the tomatoes, olives, avocado, jalapeno, and green onions.
Remove the fries from the baking sheet and place on an oven-proof serving platter.
Top the fries with 1 cup shredded cheese, black olives, green onions, chopped tomatoes, jalapenos and remaining cheese on top. Place back into the oven for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey. Top with fresh avocado and sour cream.
Additional Recipes using Frozen Potatoes
- 1 32- ounce bag criss-cross cut waffle fries
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cheese shredded
- 3 green onion diced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream dolloped on nachos
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place the waffle fries on a sheet pan and bake for 14 minutes.
- While the fries are baking, slice the tomatoes, olives, avocado, jalapeno, and green onions.
- Remove the fries from the baking sheet and place on an oven-proof serving platter.
- Top the fries with 1 cup shredded cheese, black olives, green onions, chopped tomatoes, jalapenos and remaining cheese on top. Place back into the oven for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey. Top with fresh avocado and sour cream.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons.
For more low prices, check out the Safeway weekly ad and the Safeway coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*