Roasted Asparagus, Chickpea & Tomato Salad
Struggling to think of a side for dinner? We’ve got you covered. This Roasted Asparagus, Chickpea, and Tomato Salad complements a variety of dishes and is healthy, too. Serve it over steamed rice or pasta for a delicious vegan meal.
If you have canned chickpeas in your pantry, this becomes a really cheap meal you can make in under 20 minutes.
Take advantage of the hot deal on asparagus at Safeway this week to make this salad.
Ingredients for the Roasted Asparagus Salad
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (rinsed and dried)
- 2 medium tomatoes (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound asparagus (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
Preheat oven to 425º.
In a small bowl, combine salt, paprika, cumin, and chili powder.
In a separate bowl, toss chickpeas and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and about two-thirds of the spice mixture.
Place on a rimmed baking tray and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Put asparagus in a bowl with remaining olive oil and spices and toss.
Remove tray from oven and clear space on about 1/3 of the tray. Add asparagus and return to the oven for 5-7 minutes, until the asparagus is slightly crisp. Remove from oven and toss with lemon juice and zest.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons.
For more low prices, check out the Safeway weekly ad and the Safeway coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*