Ground Turkey Green Chili Recipe
Skip the pork and use ground turkey to make a ground turkey green chili recipe using beer as the braising liquid. It’s delicious!
Chili is a staple meal in our house and I’m always looking for new ways to mix it up so that we don’t get bored of the same old recipe. I’ve found that using ground turkey is a great way to lighten it up and using green chile peppers is another way to mix it up without adding too much heat.
In fact, we all like our chili a little spicy and then I like to add sour cream to mellow it out a bit.
Adding green chiles adds another layer of flavor to chili and just a touch of heat. This Green Turkey Chili is actually made with beer as the braising liquid, so you get an extra dimension to the flavor. You can’t taste the beer, and all the alcohol burns off, but it just makes the chili extra flavorful!
Easy Green Chili With Ground Turkey Instead of Pork
The green chili flavor comes from the onions, green chiles, fire-roasted tomatoes, and beer! Serve with a warmed tortilla and it will warm your soul on a cold night! Let us know what you think.
Take advantage of the hot deal on Jennie-O Ground Turkey on sale now at Safeway to make a huge pot of Turkey Green Chili for dinner this week.
Green Turkey Chili
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 16 oz ground turkey
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped sweet onion yellow onion can be substituted
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic add an additional 1/2 tsp, if desired
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper or to taste
- 14.5 oz can Signature Kitchens diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 12 oz beer—non-alcoholic works as well broth or water can be substituted
- 10 oz can Signature Kitchens® Diced Chiles about 3/4 cup
- 2 Tbs whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- whole wheat or corn tortillas grilled or microwaved to soften
- 1. Heat canola oil in medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add ground turkey, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook the meat and onion, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is nicely browned.
- 2. Add canned tomatoes (including liquid), beer and chopped chilies. Stir well, cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Blend the flour with 1/3 cup of juices from the chili and stir until smooth. Add back to the saucepan with chili and stir to blend. Cover and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- 4. Serve with warmed up whole wheat tortillas or corn tortillas, if desired.
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest board here.
Ground Turkey Chili Recipes
If you love turkey chili, be sure to check out these additional turkey chili recipes:
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *
3 thoughts on “Ground Turkey Green Chili Recipe”
Should be called ground turkey green chili, not green turkey chili, but it tasted good whatever you call it
LOL – Yes I tried to change it but you are right – it’s better known as ground turkey green chili. Glad you liked it.
Great for cold weather!