Korean BBQ Country Style Ribs
These Asian-inspired Korean BBQ Country Style Ribs are sweet, spicy, sticky, and fall-off-the-bone delicious! A perfect alternative to traditional BBQ ribs.
Take advantage of the HOT sale on Country Style Ribs at Safeway to make this Korean BBQ Country Style Rib Recipe for dinner this week.
I’ve been experimenting with new recipes to pair with meat sales – especially for country-style ribs because I was getting tired of the old crockpot method. I made these for lunch today and the kids gobbled them up and asked for more!
I typically make my country-style ribs in the crockpot, but this recipe creates a delicious, sticky glaze that can only be created with a higher heat than the oven provides.
What are Country Style Ribs?
Country-style pork ribs are actually not ribs at all. They are part of the pork shoulder and cut into long strips, either bone-in or boneless.
The pork shoulder is the same cut used for pork roasts and carnitas.
How to Cook Country Style Ribs in the Oven
Low and slow is the answer, my friend!
Season the ribs with salt and pepper on both sides and place on a foil-covered baking sheet. Cover the ribs with foil and fold the edges over to seal to help keep all the heat in.
Cook the ribs for 90 minutes at 300° F. No need to check them – so don’t be tempted to open the foil packet. The longer you cook them low and slow, the more tender they become.
After the ribs have cooked for 60 minutes, you’ll want to remove them from the oven and start glazing.
You’ll increase the heat of the oven to 425 degrees, then glaze the ribs on both sides with the delicious Korean BBQ Style glaze. Leave the ribs on the foil because the brown sugar will caramelize and make for a gooey, sticky glaze.
You’ll glaze the ribs 3 times in the last 30 minutes of cooking – so every 10 minutes.
Korean BBQ Glaze
For the glaze, you’ll need 4 simple ingredients that you likely have on hand.
Korean-Style BBQ Glaze Ingredients:
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Ground ginger
- Garlic Chile Sauce (or Sriracha)
- Rice Wine Vinegar
Simply combine the ingredients while the ribs are cooking and you will use the glaze during the last 30 minutes of cooking to baste the ribs to create a sticky, sweet and spicy glaze. The ribs are not spicy, however, if you want them to be spicy, simply increase the amount of garlic Chile sauce to your liking.
There is plenty of sauce leftover to use as a dipping sauce with the ribs as well.
Top with green onions and toasted sesame seeds for a beautiful presentation. Serve with rice, mashed sweet potatoes or a baked potato for the ultimate comfort food meal!
Korean Glazed BBQ Country Style Ribs
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless country-style pork ribs about 4 large
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs garlic chili sauce or Sriracha
- Optional Garnish
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 scallion finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Season ribs with salt and pepper and place on the sheet. Use a second sheet of foil and cover the ribs, folding edges together to create a pouch. Place in oven and bake for 1 ½ hours.
- In a small bowl, mix to combine all remaining ingredients. Divide and set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°. Remove ribs from foil packet and place directly on baking sheet. Brush with glaze. Return to oven for 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with glaze.
What to Serve with Korean BBQ Country Style Ribs?
You can serve with Asian coleslaw, edamame salad, rice, or quinoa.
If you love Country Style Ribs – check out some additional recipes we’ve shared in the past:
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter. See the new Walgreens Ad today.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*