Lemon Poppyseed Pancake Recipe
Treat mom to a sweet and sour treat this Mother’s Day with these delicious Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes. Skip the store-bought pancake mix and make your own pancake batter out of wholesome ingredients like almond flour, coconut milk, eggs, honey, baking soda and flavor it will zesty lemon zest and poppy seeds. These gluten free and dairy free pancakes are amazing! If you don’t have coconut milk on hand, you can always use almond milk (or regular milk if you prefer). We made these lemon poppyseed pancakes this morning for my daughter’s 13th birthday sleepover gang and they devoured them like they had never eaten pancakes before.
I made the syrup out of honey, lemon juice and lemon zest and it was perfectly sweet with just the right amount of tang to compliment the pancakes. Sadly, the left over syrup got tossed because the girls dipped strawberries in it after they finished their pancakes, and I just couldn’t bring myself to save it after 7 girls dipped their hands and licked their fingers over and over again. Luckily, I can make again, or give my husband the recipe so he can make some for me on Mother’s Day. I even showed my 9 year old how to zest a lemon ;-). See how sneaky I am? Thanks to our friends at Safeway for the delicious recipe and photos!
Be sure to take advantage of the hot sale on Bob’s Red Mill products at Safeway this week to get your almond flour if you don’t have any on hand. Also take advantage of the BOGO Free sale on blueberries and strawberries. I topped the pancakes with both blueberries and strawberries this morning and that added just the perfect amount of sweetness and an extra serving of fruit, which we all need!
Check out some additional hot recipes for mom for Mother’s Day using sale ingredients from Safeway:
Strawberry Ginger Mango Smoothie
Wishing all moms out there a Happy Mother’s Day!
Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
- 2 O Organics® eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbs O Organics honey
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup almond flour plus 2 Tbs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- non-stick cooking spray
- Lemonade Syrup:
- 1/4 cup O Organics honey
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork for 1 minute. Whisk in coconut milk, honey and a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle almond flour and baking soda on top of wet ingredients, folding in. Then, stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Heat a pancake griddle to medium heat and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop batter, 2 tablespoons at a time, onto griddle. Cook until the edges are dry on the uncooked side (about 3-5 minutes). Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter to make pancakes.
- For syrup: warm honey in a small glass jar, add in lemon zest and juice, then shake or whisk syrup ingredients together.
- Serve pancakes in a stack with Lemonade Syrup poured over, or on the side. Enjoy!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we post a preview of the Safeway weekly ad and we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also highlight the best month long deals from the Safeway Big Book of Savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and coupon doubling policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*
1 thought on “Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes”
These sound amazing! It’d top it with a blueberry compote. Nom, nom, nom!