Loaded Baked Egg Muffin Cups Recipe
A quick and easy protein-packed breakfast option, these loaded baked egg muffin cups are perfect for meal prep or a weekend brunch.
These egg muffin cups are not only delicious but super easy to make ahead when meal prepping for the week. You can choose any ingredients you want for the muffin cups – I filled with my favorites – cheese, spinach, peppers, onions, and bacon. You can totally skip the bacon too if you are vegetarian or want a meatless option.
Be sure to take advantage of the hot deals on Open Nature eggs and Lucerne cheese to make these baked egg muffin cups at home!
Ingredients in Egg Muffin Cups
bell peppers, chopped
bacon, cooked and crumbled
How to Make Egg Muffin Cups
The key to making these loaded egg muffin cups at home is to use a silicone muffin tin for baking. I used to make these in the metal tins and the clean up is a bear!
Unless you butter each of the muffin tins, you are much better off using a silicone muffin tin. I picked one up at Target for around $15 – the best investment I’ve made in cooking and baking supplies to date!
You can store these in a food storage container for up to 4 days and simply reheat in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Loaded Egg Muffin Cups
- nonstick cooking spray
- 9 large whole eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper
- 3 strips cooked chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced bell pepper
- 3 oz shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray the muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Fill muffin tins with 1/3 cup of mixture
- Place the muffin tin on a cookie sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until set.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*