Homemade Mango Popsicles
A perfect sweet treat on a hot summer day, these homemade mango popsicles are easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients and they are delicious!
Despite kids going back to school this week, it’s still summer, and what better treat for the kiddos when they get home than homemade mango popsicles.
I found mangoes on sale at Safeway for just $.99 each and picked up a few. You only need 2 mangoes to make 8 popsicles, so it’s an incredibly budget-friendly treat as well, especially because the ingredient list is super short.
These mango pops are dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan popsicles made with just four all-natural, clean ingredients.
- Mango: Sweet, juicy mango chunks
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice complements the mango
- Honey: I like to use Signature SELECT raw wildflower honey as it has an intense flavor, but local honey is also great here.
- Water: Just a little liquid to thin out the puree
How to Cut a Mango
Mangos have a large oval-shaped seed in the center, so you have to cut around it.
Step 1: Using a sharp knife, slice the mango1/2 inch from the edge, running the knife along the seed, but not cutting the seed. Repeat on the other side, then cut the sides around the seed as well.
Step 2: You have 2 choices for cubing the mango, you can slice the flesh into a grid pattern without cutting all the way through the skin. Then use a paring knife to slice the cubes off of the skin.
Or – you can use the paring knife to slice the peel off the flesh and then cube. I’ve used both methods, but the 2nd method of removing the skin before dicing into cubes is slightly easier in my opinion, especially if your mango is really ripe.
How to Make Mango Popsicles
Cut the mango into cubes.
Place the mango, lime juice, water, and honey into a blender and blend until liquified.
Pour the pureed mango into popsicle molds, add the sticks and freeze for 4- 6 hours until firm.
Run the bottom of the molds under warm water for one minute to loosen the popsicles from the molds just before serving.
You can store any remaining popsicles in the mold. They will last for several weeks in the freezer.
- 3 cups mangos cubed 2 mangoes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- Cut the mango into cubes.
- Place the mango, lime juice, water, and honey into a blender and blend until liquified.
- Pour the pureed mango into popsicle molds, add the sticks and freeze for 3-5 hours until firm.
- Run the bottom of the molds under warm water for one minute to loosen the popsicles from the molds just before serving.
We love popsicles around here. So easy to make and super easy on the budget – you’ll never buy premade popsicles again! Check out a few of our favorites below.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals and planning your meals based on what’s on sale at Safeway in the Denver division.
For more low prices, check out the Safeway weekly ad and the Safeway coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*