NEW Open Nature Savory Skillets
NEW at Safeway you’ll find Open Nature Savory Skillets. All-natural entrees for two in 11 globally-inspired gourmet flavors.
There are days when you need to get dinner on the table in minutes and you don’t have time to prep, cook, and clean, that’s where NEW Open Nature Savory Skillets come in handy!
Open Nature Savory Skillet Meals are ready in minutes using just one pan. While they are designed to feed two people, realistically I think they are for 1 and a half, or 2 kids, unless served with a substantial side.
Featuring on-trend flavors, restaurant-quality presentation, and taste, the convenient meals use only high-quality natural ingredients that are free from antibiotics and artificial ingredients, flavors, or colors.
That’s called a win, win, win in my book!
“Our culinary experts have created easy and delicious meal solutions that make all dinner time – from prep to the meal, to cleanup – more enjoyable for everyone,” said Chad Coester, Senior Vice President of Own Brands. “We know that this year especially, busy families are craving more variety at dinner time, and our savory skillet solutions deliver. While some of the staple flavors will always be available, we will continue to innovate and introduce new meals to help keep dinner new and fresh.”
The delicious flavor, nutritional value, and freshness are locked in with a nitro flash-freezing technology called enrobing. You’ll see the term on the bag and wonder what that means.
As the name implies, the sauce is enrobed around the ingredients and dispenses as it cooks. No defrosting is needed, and there is no need to add water, so these meals can go straight from the freezer to the dinner table in as little as ten minutes.
Open Nature Savory Skillets Flavors
The skillet meals are definitely gourmet tasting and available in unique flavor combinations that you won’t find elsewhere unless you make it fresh at home.
With all-natural ingredients and no artificial anything – you can feel good about serving the meals to your family.
The easy-to-prepare meals are inspired by traditional home cooking, restaurant favorites, and global cuisine flavors. The following flavors are available now:
- Beef Stew With Vegetables – Chunks of tender pulled beef with potatoes, carrots, celery, peas in a savory stew sauce.
- Chinese Style Beef with Broccoli has tender prime rib beef roast with broccoli in a soy and sesame oil sauce.
- Chicken Tikka Masala has pulled white meat chicken in a spiced tomato curry-style sauce with vegetables.
- Four Cheese Mac ‘n Cheese has pipette pasta in a creamy four-cheese sauce consisting of cream cheese, Monterey Jack, white cheddar, and fontina.
- Lobster Tortellini – lobster-filled tortellini pasta in pink tarragon flavored tomato sauce.
- Mexican Style Pulled Pork with Pineapple has deliciously seasoned pulled pork with a chipotle-based sauce, pineapple tidbits and green onions
- Pork Roast Stroganoff has roasted pork with mushrooms, onions and spaetzle pasta in a sour cream and dijon mustard-based sauce
- Prime Rib Roast with Mushroom Gravy has perfectly seasoned prime rib beef roast with gravy, onions, and mushrooms.
- Seafood and Andouille Sausage Jambalaya – tender shrimp, scallops, and andouille sausage with bell peppers, onions, celery, and white rice in a tomato cream sauce.
- Shrimp Scampi with Pasta has savory shrimp in white wine, lemon, butter, and cream with tomatoes, leeks and farfalle pasta
- Southwest Texas Brisket Fried Rice has beef brisket, uncured bacon (no nitrates or nitrites added, other than that naturally occurring in celery and sea salt), corn, carrots, peas, and white rice in a chipotle and tomato-based sauce.
The Open Nature Savory Skillet Meals, are found exclusively at Safeway and Albertsons Companies stores.
Review of Open Nature Skillet Meals
I’m not one who normally buys prepared frozen meals, other than pizza – but I was impressed with the list of clean ingredients in each package and the ease of preparation before buying. The flavor combinations are unique and fit for foodies. If you are watching your sodium, as with all prepared frozen foods, be sure to watch the portions.
My family and I tried the brisket fried rice and it was delicious – it has bits of uncured bacon and smoky beef brisket enrobed in a slightly spicy tomato sauce paired with rice and veggies. The first flavor you get is the smoky bacon, then the tender beef brisket in the slightly spicy chipotle tomato sauce.
It was ready in 7 minutes and the kiddos devoured it.
We also tried the lobster tortellini and oh my goodness, it was heavenly. The kids ate the tortellini straight from the skillet before it even hit the plates – with everyone fighting over the last few pieces.
I cooked the tortellini for 8 minutes over medium heat and the sauce had caramelized onto each tortellini, which completely made the dish! If you want it saucier, cook at a lower temp for the creamy sauce.
This will be on repeat at my house on busy nights!
Soft pillowy tortellini is stuffed with lobster and cheese then topped with a delicious pink tarragon sauce… can you say gourmet meal right there? SO GOOD! Serve with a steamed veggie or a simple salad to get dinner on the table in under 10 minutes.
Where Can I find the Open Nature Skillets?
The meals are available at select Safeway stores and on sale now for $7.99 a package through June. You’ll save $2.00 over the base price of $9.99.
You can find the skillet meals in the freezer aisle at most stores, or the meat department at other larger format stores.
Check out the other new innovations from Open Nature that we’ve reviewed here:
Epic Keto Charcuterie Board for Low Carb Snacking featuring Open Nature Parm Crisps
Be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments below once you try the skillet meals.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Safeway’s Denver division to introduce the new Open Nature Savory Skillets. As always opinions are my own and I appreciate and encourage your support of the brands that make this site possible.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*