Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Truffles Recipe
This dreamy ice cream dessert is perfect for fall! These delicious pumpkin ice cream truffles are made with pumpkin pie ice cream coated with finely chopped toasted pecans.
Fall is here, so bring on the pumpkin recipes! I love pumpkin, and luckily my family does as well. I came across this pumpkin ice cream truffle recipe on Safeway’s website and made this over the weekend using the limited-edition Signature SELECT Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream and pecans on sale at Safeway.
These are so good! Crunchy, creamy and so easy to make! You just need to make room in the freezer for a full baking sheet because these ice cream truffles need to freeze overnight.
A perfect dessert to wow your family this fall!
- The Signature SELECT Pumpkin Ice Cream is on sale for $1.97 each when you buy 2 through November 9th
- Load Safeway Digital Coupon for $.50 off 1 Signature SELECT Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Check your account for an exclusive pick digital coupon for $1.50 off 1 Signature SELECT Ice Cream
- Final Price = $.97 each
Ingredients for Pumpkin Ice Cream Truffles
- Signature SELECT Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Baking cups (optional, for serving)
While not part of the recipe – I did add a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice to the crushed pecans before toasting them in the oven. That gave just a hint of extra flavor that made these even more delicious. You could also use ground cinnamon and a touch of sugar for some extra flavor.
How to Make Ice Cream Truffles
This is the easiest dessert you will ever make. 2 ingredients and time is all it takes!
Thaw the ice cream until it is a little soft.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Using a 1 ½-inch round ice cream scoop or round 1 tablespoon measuring spoon quickly scoop ice cream onto the baking sheet. Freeze the ice cream for 2 hours.
While the ice cream is freezing – crush and toast the pecans. I like to toast in a 350° oven for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the pecans so they do not burn. You want to slightly brown the pecans.
Place pecans in a large bowl. Roll scooped ice cream into cooled pecans, turning to coat. Repeat with remaining ice cream balls and place in the freezer.
Freeze truffles overnight. If freezing longer than overnight, cover and keep frozen. Can be made up to three days in advance.
Pumpkin Ice Cream Truffles
- 1.5 quart Signature SELECT® Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 3 cups toasted pecans finely chopped
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Using 1 ½-inch round ice cream scoop or round 1 tablespoon measuring spoon quickly scoop ice cream onto baking sheet. Freeze ice cream for 2 hours.
- Place toasted and cooled pecans in a large bowl. Roll scooped ice cream into pecans, turning to coat. Repeat with remaining ice cream balls and place in freezer.
- Freeze truffles overnight. If freezing longer than overnight, cover and keep frozen. Can be made up to three days in advance.
Check out these delicious fall and pumpkin recipes you can also make this season:
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *