Strawberry Overnight Oats Recipe
Overnight Oats are a fabulous way to get your daily fiber and nutrition as well as fill your tummy on the go. This Strawberry Overnight Oats recipe has been especially popular at my house this summer with the fresh, sweet strawberries on sale.
My kiddos love a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast almost every morning and they typically plain oatmeal with raisins and a teaspoon of brown sugar. When I introduced them to basic overnight oats, at first they had trouble with the texture of cold oats, but then my son added a drizzle of honey, and he was hooked!
He said it almost resembled rice pudding, which my children devour every chance they get!
Be sure to take advantage of the hot sales at Safeway on fresh strawberries – just $1.67 for 1 lb. and the hot deals on strawberry preserves, almond milk and various brands of Greek yogurt on sale for under $1.00 a cup.
Be sure to check out our other overnight oats recipe for Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats here.
If you make this version – be sure to take advantage of the hot deals on peanut butter and jelly at Safeway right now!
Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 1 Tbs O Organics® strawberry preserves divided
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberry chunks divided
- 1/4 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond milk from a carton
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt plus more
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pecan pieces toasted
- In a small glass jar, add 1/4 cup of the strawberry chunks and 2 teaspoons strawberry preserves. Using the back of a fork, mash the strawberries in the bottom.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oats, coconut (or almond) milk, Greek yogurt and vanilla until well mixed. Pour it into the glass jar over the strawberries. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, top with the rest of the strawberry chunks, another dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt. Microwave the final teaspoon of preserves for 10 seconds and drizzle on top. Sprinkle on pecans. Enjoy!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*