Baked Ham and Egg Cups
This easy brunch idea combines baked ham and egg cups in bread and is perfect for elegant Easter entertaining.
Sometimes simplicity is best. This recipe for ham & egg in a baguette is as simple as it gets for a delicious and budget-friendly Easter brunch option. Toasted baguette, soft-cooked eggs, and crispy ham sound like a winning combination!
If you can’t find a baguette – you can always make your own, using our no-knead artisan bread recipe. Simply shape the bread into a long baguette rather than a round ball just before baking.
Pair these adorable baked ham and egg cups with parmesan hash brown cups and a delicious make-ahead baked French Toast Casserole for a delicious Easter brunch. Serve with fresh orange juice smoothies to boost your vitamin C intake as well.
Baked Ham & Egg Ingredients
1 large French baguette (24″ in length)
3 Tbs softened butter
6 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
6 thinly sliced ham pieces
1/2 cup spinach leaves
6 medium eggs
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
How To Make Baked Ham & Egg Cups in French Bread
These egg cups are easy to make. You’ll need to cut round circles in the baguette and scoop out the bread. Don’t toss it – you can use that bread to make homemade croutons or breadcrumbs. Fill the cups with butter, parmesan cheese, spinach, ham and eggs, and bake. Easy peasy!
Preheat the oven to 400º. Make 6 evenly spaced 2 1/2″ round cuts on top of the baguette, removing bread from the rounds.
Rub softened butter into each round and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Invert a 13″ rimmed baking sheet and place baguette on the sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
Cut a 2″ slit from the center to the edge of each ham slice.
Form a cup with the ham slice and place it into each round on the baguette.
Place spinach leaves in each round, and then top with eggs.
Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper.
Return to oven. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
Cut into 4″ sandwiches and serve.
Baked Ham & Egg Cups
- 1 large French baguette 24" in length ($1.49)
- 3 Tbs softened butter $.28
- 6 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese $.38
- 6 thinly sliced ham pieces $1.25
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves .75
- 6 medium eggs $.75
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt $.05
- 1/4 tsp black pepper $.10
- Preheat oven to 400º. Make 6 evenly spaced 2 1/2" round cuts in top of baguette, removing bread from the rounds.
- Rub softened butter into each round and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Invert a 13" rimmed baking sheet and place baguette on sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- Cut a 2" slit from the center to the edge of each ham slice.
- Form a cup with the ham slice and place into each round on the baguette.
- Place spinach leaves in each round, and then top with eggs.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper.
- Return to oven. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes until eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Cut into 4" sandwiches and serve.
Additional Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Thanks to our friends at Safeway for letting us share this easy and delicious recipe with you.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *