Coconut Lime Corn on the Cob Recipe
Bursting with summer flavors from ingredients like red pepper flakes, lime and a hint of sugar, this unique take on a summer staple will have all your friends and family begging for more at your next summer barbecue.
Sweet corn is a fabulous addition to any cookout you may be planning this summer. While corn is amazing on its own with a pat of butter and a touch of salt and pepper, you can jazz it up a bit with this delicious Coconut Lime Corn recipe.
Be sure to take advantage of the HOT corn on the cob sale at Safeway – $.19 each with a Just for U Digital Coupon this weekend only.
This recipe from our friends at Safeway uses canned coconut milk to infuse wonderful coconut flavor into the corn. You then finish it off with a sprinkle of lime zest and punch it up with a little heat from red pepper flakes.
Check out the other items on my menu here:
- 1 13.5- oz. Signature SELECT™ coconut milk
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 ears of corn cut in half
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Over medium heat, in a 3-quart sauce pan, bring to a low boil the coconut milk, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Add corn and cover. Cook for 7-9 minutes until corn is tender.
- Remove corn from coconut milk and sprinkle with lime zest and crushed red pepper. Serve.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*