Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Treat your family to a delicious breakfast Christmas morning with this decadent Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole. Simple ingredients come together the night before – bread, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Then, the morning of, bake until golden brown. A final drizzle of traditional cream cheese frosting takes it to holiday-worthy proportions.
Holiday baking with cinnamon is the ultimate way to entertain this holiday season or any time of year. Cinnamon is a powerful spice with numerous health benefits in addition to a power-house spice for flavoring breakfast and brunch meals.
Take advantage of the hot deals on cream cheese, butter, eggs, and the McCormick cinnamon and vanilla extracts at Safeway to make this overnight cinnamon roll casserole this holiday season.
This overnight cinnamon roll casserole is so delicious and easy to make. The perfect holiday brunch option!
Ingredients in Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- baking powder
- 1 loaf challah bread
- brown sugar
- whipped cream cheese
- confectioners’ sugar
How to Make A Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Making this overnight cinnamon roll casserole couldn’t be easier! You’ll cut up some challah bread, make the custard and let the ingredients combine in a baking dish overnight to let the bread soak up all that goodness.
The next morning, bring the baking dish to room temperature to avoid cracking the dish and bake the casserole.
Once it’s baked, drizzle with a delicious vanilla cream cheese frosting and serve.
Mix eggs, 1 1/2 cups of milk, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 3 teaspoons of vanilla and baking powder in a large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes; toss to coat well. Pour into a 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove casserole from the refrigerator. Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and the remaining 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a small bowl until well blended. Drizzle over casserole. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Slowly stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of milk. Drizzle over casserole before serving.
What to Serve with the Casserole?
I like to prepare an overnight egg casserole to go with the sweet casserole. Pop both in the oven and have an easy morning of unwrapping gifts followed by a scrumptious brunch.
Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons milk divided
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Cinnamon Ground, divided
- 5 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 loaf challah bread cubed Substitutions available
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Mix eggs, 1 1/2 cups of the milk, 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon, 3 teaspoons of the vanilla and baking powder in a large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes; toss to coat well. Pour into a 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove casserole from the refrigerator. Mix melted butter, brown sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a small bowl until well blended. Drizzle over casserole. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Slowly stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons milk. Drizzle over casserole before serving.
This recipe credit goes to McCormick Spices in an effort to promote their sale of spices at Safeway this month and to remind you to refresh your spice cabinet with fresh spices for maximum flavor this holiday season. As always we appreciate and encourage your support of the brands that make this site possible.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*