Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
These Instant Pot Country Style Ribs are so tender and flavorful! They start with a simple dry rub, then they are smothered in BBQ sauce, and cooked up in your Instant Pot pressure cooker for a delicious and easy meal!
Perfect for the bone-in country-style ribs that are on sale for just $1.77/lb. this week at Safeway. I served with a simple baked potato and coleslaw salad, which is my favorite way to eat ribs! I always serve with extra BBQ Sauce because no matter how much I slather on, the kids always ask for more!
Country-style ribs are cut from the blade end of the loin close to the pork shoulder. They are meatier than other rib cuts. They contain no rib bones, but instead, contain parts of the shoulder blade (scapula)
How to Make Country Style Ribs In The Instant Pot
To make these Instant Pot Country Style Ribs, I first created a dry rub out of brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin. I rubbed the ribs on both sides with the dry rub mix before adding to the Instant Pot.
I poured 1 cup of beef broth to the pressure cooker, then added the ribs and topped with BBQ Sauce. I cooked on high pressure for 45 minutes and then used the natural release method for the steam, which took an extra 15 to 20 minutes, but that extra time really made these ribs super fork-tender and delicious.
I like to place the ribs in the oven and top with a little extra BBQ sauce and broil for 7 minutes, it caramelizes the BBQ Sauce, which is how my family likes to eat ribs.
When you compare labels of BBQ Sauces at the store, you’ll be amazed at how many contain high fructose corn syrup as the first ingredient, and how much added sugar is in each bottle as well. That is not the case with the O Organics BBQ Sauce.
It is made with all-natural ingredients like organic tomato puree, organic sugar, organic tomato paste, organic distilled vinegar, organic molasses, salt, natural smoke flavor, organic garlic, organic onion, and organic spices. It also tastes great! I used the Original BBQ Sauce, but it’s also available in Sweet & Spicy and Roasted Garlic flavors.
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- 3 Pounds Country Style Pork Ribs
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce plus more for serving
- In a small bowl mix together the dry rub ingredients until well combined. Spread the dry rub evenly on both sides of the ribs and massage into the meat.
- Pour the beef broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the ribs to the Instant Pot and pour over the BBQ sauce.
- Lock the lid on the pressure cooker. Cook on the meat/stew setting high pressure, for 45 minutes. After the ribs are finished cooking, use the natural release method to release the steam. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ribs and serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce as desired. If you like sticky
Looking for more inspiration for country style ribs? Check out these great recipes
This is a sponsored post, and as always recipes and opinions are my own. We appreciate you supporting the brands that make this site possible.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*