Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops
The top of the muffin is the best part, right? That may be arguable, but everyone will agree these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops are hearty and delicious. Using just oats, bananas, pumpkin puree, honey, and spices, they’re rich and filling and healthier than other baked options.
One of my favorite things about fall is baking with pumpkin and these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops are the perfect healthy treat to satisfy a sweet tooth, without overindulging.
You use ripe bananas as the base for these muffin tops, so the end result is chewy, moist, and delicious muffins that you can enjoy for breakfast, as a snack with your favorite pumpkin spice tea, or for dessert!
I’ve always felt the best part of a muffin is the top, so rather than use a muffin tin, just make the “tops” on a baking sheet.
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffin tops take 10 minutes or less to prepare and bake in just 15 minutes.
Ingredients in Pumpkin Muffin Tops:
The ingredients are simple and the best part is you likely have everything you need in your pantry already.
- ripe bananas
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Preheat oven to 350º. In a food processor, add bananas, and pumpkin, processing until smooth.
Add in spice, honey, salt, and baking powder, processing again until fully mixed.
Add 2 cups of oats. Pulse food processor 4-5 times. Remove processor tub and blade, and stir in the rest of the oats, and dark chocolate chips.
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drop the batter by 1/4 – 1/3 cupsful, letting it heap up a bit so it looks like a muffin top.
Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, until fully cooked. Let cool & store in an airtight container. These muffin tops freeze easily too!
Other recipes using pumpkin:
Almond Flour Pumpkin Muffins With Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Easy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe (Healthy, Non-Dairy)
Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe 2 Classic Pies in 1 Epic Fusion Pie
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Truffles
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops
- 3 overly ripe bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 2 Tbs raw honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a food processor, add bananas, and pumpkin, processing until smooth.
- Add in spice, honey, salt, and baking powder, processing again until fully mixed.
- Add 2 cups of oats. Pulse food processor 4-5 times. Remove processor tub and blade, and stir in the rest of the oats, and dark chocolate chips.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drop the batter by 1/4 - 1/3 cup fulls, letting it heap up a bit so it looks like a muffin top.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *