Sautéed Snow Crab Cluster Salad
Freshly shelled snow crab clusters are the star of this dish! This warm sautéed salad is great for cool fall days and perfect for lunch or dinner! Perfect for adding a little surf to a holiday meal.
How to Remove the Crab Meat from the Snow Crab Cluster
- Start by removing each individual leg from the cluster by snapping it off at the cluster.
- Break each leg into two parts by snapping at the joint.
- For each leg use two hands on each end to gently bend back and forth until the shell breaks. The meat should slide out easily from the shell.
- For claws, use a cracker or your teeth to break open the shell. Do not apply too much pressure or you’ll crush the meat inside. Peel back the shell until you can easily slide the meat out.
- For the cluster, crack it gently with your hands and fold it open. The meat is found on the inside. Use a small fork to remove all the pockets of meat.
Sautéed Snow Crab Salad
- 1 pound shelled snow crab meat about 3-4 pounds snow crab clusters
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- butter lettuce
- red bell pepper
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic and ginger and stir for 30 seconds. Add soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, and pepper.
- Add crab and sauté until warmed through, about 1 minute. Top with cilantro. If desired, serve with butter lettuce, radicchio, avocado slices, red bell pepper, and carrot slices.
Additonal Recipes Using Crab
Super Safeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.