The Best Watermelon Margarita Recipe
Naturally sweetened with just watermelon and 4 simple ingredients, this watermelon margarita is light, refreshing and a perfect beverage anytime you are craving a cocktail!
Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, I’m sharing my famous Watermelon Margarita recipe with you. It has only 4 ingredients and tastes amazing! With the hot sale on whole seedless watermelons at Safeway this week, it was easy to come up with several watermelon recipes, including the Watermelon Feta Salad, and this delicious watermelon margarita.
Unlike traditional margaritas that have agave, or other sweeteners, this is naturally sweetened by the watermelon and nothing else!
The mint adds freshness and brightness to the margarita and just makes it!
You can choose to coat the rim of your glass with salt or sugar. I personally love sea salt rims, but if you want to mix it up with sugar, no one will judge!
This watermelon margarita has just watermelon cubes, fresh mint, lime juice, tequila and ice of course to keep it cool. I just add the watermelon cubes directly to my blender to make the juice.
It will have a little pulp, but if you don’t want that, you can always strain it with a fine-mesh strainer. I like the texture with the pulp, but my Vitamix does a really good job of pulverizing everything, so it’s just a thicker juice, but do whatever you prefer!
If you want it frozen, simply add the ice, lime juice and tequila to the blender with the watermelon and lime and make the whole thing in the blender.
To get the salt to stick to the rim of your glass, simply use a cut lime and run the lime around the rim of the glass. Then dip into a dish of sea salt for a perfectly salted rim. You can follow the same process for sugar if you prefer a sweet rim.
These are the perfect margaritas for summertime. Whip up a batch of watermelon juice for impromptu happy hour all week!
- 1 1/4 cups watermelon juice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 shots 3 oz tequila
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint
- Sea salt for lining rim
- Pack a large blender full of cubed ripe watermelon and fresh mint and blend until you have a juice. One small watermelon should yield roughly 3-5 cups, so you will have leftover juice for extra margaritas.
- To make margaritas, add watermelon and mint juice, lime juice, tequila and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to combine.
- Sample a small amount and adjust flavor as needed, adding more watermelon juice for sweetness, lime juice for acidity, or tequila for booziness.
- Line the rim of two serving glasses with lime juice and sea salt (optional). Add ice and pour over margaritas.
If you love fruit margaritas, be sure to also check out my mango margarita recipe.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #supersafeway on Instagram!
We’d love to see what you come up with.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary.*