Watermelon Sangria Recipe
Watermelon Sangria is a delicious summer cocktail made with fresh watermelon juice, fresh lime juice, and fruity white wine. It is refreshing, crisp, light, and bursting with watermelon flavor.
Watermelon: Fresh, juicy, ripe watermelon is best for making watermelon sangrias. Be sure to not use watermelon that is pale in color and lacks sweetness.
Lime Juice: Fresh lime juice adds tartness and brightness to this sangria. Be sure to use FRESHLY squeezed juice instead of bottled lime juice.
White Wine: Select a fruity wine like a Moscato for this sangria.
Seltzer or Sparkling Water: To keep the sangria bubbly and light, finish off the cocktails with seltzer water or Soleil Sparkling Water in watermelon, blood orange or lime.
HOW TO MAKE WATERMELON SANGRIA
STEP ONE: PREPARE WATERMELON JUICE
- Cut up watermelon into cubes
- Place the cubed watermelon into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the watermelon juice over a fine mesh strainer to prevent chunks and pulp of watermelon in your sangria. .
STEP TWO: PREPARE SANGRIA
- To a large pitcher, add fresh watermelon juice, lime juice, and white wine.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
STEP THREE: SERVE
- Just before serving, add fruit to the pitcher for garnish. I suggest fresh blueberries, watermelon chunks, strawberries, lime, mint or basil.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Stir the watermelon mixture and then fill the glass ⅔ full with the mixture.
- Top off with chilled seltzer water or Soleil Sparkling Water.
- Garnish with additional fresh blueberries, lime, mint, or basil.
Additional Watermelon Recipes
- 7 cups watermelon cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice and lime slices for garnish
- 1 bottle fruity white wine, like a Moscato
- 1 liter plain Seltzer water or Soliel Sparkling Water
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/4 mint for garnish
- Blend 7 cups of watermelon until smooth. Strain through a mesh strainer to remove any seeds or pulp, reserving the juice.
- Add fresh watermelon juice, lime juice, and white wine to a large pitcher. Stir to incorporate.
- Chill for 2-4 hours.
- Before serving, stir again and add fruit to the pitcher. Fill a glass with ice. Pour in the watermelon mixture until the glass is ⅔ full. Top off the glass with chilled seltzer water.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries, strawberries, mint and watermelon cubes if desired.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons.
For more low prices, check out the Safeway weekly ad and the Safeway coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*