Bacon and Maple Scones Recipe
Bacon, maple, butter – the perfect combination of ingredients for these scrumptious Bacon and Maple Scones. These scones are perfect for breakfast on the go or as a side for Mother’s Day brunch! Your family will love these sweet and savory scones.
Scones are super easy to make, the key is using cold butter and not over mix the dough for flaky, delicious scones.
Take advantage of the HOT deals on butter and bacon at Safeway to make these scones for mom.
Lucerne Butter 16 oz is on sale for $1.88 with a Just for U Digital Coupon Friday – Sunday. Smithfield Thick Cut Bacon is on sale for $3.99/lb. through May 12th.
Watch a video of these scones being assembled courtesy of our friends at Safeway here:
Bacon and Maple Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup cold milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup divided
- 8 pieces bacon cooked and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs whipping cream
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add the butter, working it with your fingers or a fork, until the mixture is crumbly. Whisk together the egg, milk, and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Add to dry ingredients, along with the bacon. Mix until everything is evenly combined (the texture will be a little crumbly).
- Transfer dough to a piece of parchment or a lightly floured work surface. Pat into a 9-inch square a little over 1/2-inch thick. Cut the dough into nine 3-inch squares. Then cut each square into two triangular wedges, for a total of 18 scones. Place the scones in the freezer on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup with whipping cream and brush on chilled scones. Bake for 12-17 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
Check out some additional recipes you can make using all this fabulous bacon on sale at Safeway:
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *