Tangy Mustard Burger Recipe
Spice up your burgers at your next cookout! Instead of plain beef patties, mix in onion powder, rosemary, garlic powder and the mustard of your choice. We suggest topping with pickles and lettuce! Add bacon and cheddar for an extra hearty burger.
Mix up your BBQs this summer with a tangy mustard burger that is so full of flavor, you may never go back to the old plain hamburger patty!
I’ve always experimented with burger flavors – throwing in a little bit of this and a little bit of that. My family loves mustard and pickles on burgers, and this burger combines the best of those condiments with dried seasonings for maximum flavor.
Take advantage of the hot deals on 93% lean ground beef – only $3.77/lb at Safeway with a Just for U Digital Coupon, and hot deals on mustard and relish to recreate your own tangy mustard burger at home.
Tangy Mustard Burger Recipe
1. Mix ground beef with spices and form into 4 patties.
2. Grill burgers on medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature of 165° is reached.
3. Toast buns and spread 2 tablespoons mustard on each bottom bun. Top with a lettuce leaf.
4. Place cooked patty on buns dressed with mustard and lettuce. Top with chopped pickles, tomato and top bun.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp each onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp each salt & black pepper
- 1/2 cup grainy or Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbs chopped pickles
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 large tomato slices
- non-stick cooking spray
- Mix ground beef with spices and form into 4 patties.
- Grill burgers on medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature of 165° is reached.
- Toast buns and spread 2 tablespoons mustard on each bottom bun. Top with a lettuce leaf.
- Place cooked patty on buns dressed with mustard and lettuce. Top with chopped pickles, tomato and top bun.
Check out other Burger Recipes here:
Super Safeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons and what to make with sale ingredients. Thanks to Safeway for letting us share this recipe with you. For the best deals with sales and coupons, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *