Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad Recipe
This Shrimp and Asparagus Salad is amazing with a little lemon, fresh dill, and thinly sliced red onion. If you are looking to lighten up your meal planning, shrimp is a great protein to add to your weekly rotation.
Light in calories and big in flavor and protein, it’s a great option.
It’s the perfect meal that you can prepare on a single sheet pan and have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes!
I like to add fresh lemon zest and fresh chopped dill just before serving for an extra layer of flavor.
The ingredient list is very simple and only requires 4 items from the store – the rest you likely have in your pantry.
- red onion
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- garlic powder
- garlic salt
How to Make Roasted Shrimp & Asparagus Salad
To prepare this salad, you’ll first create a simple vinaigrette with lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Chop your asparagus and toss it with the shrimp and the vinaigrette on a sheet pan and bake for 8 minutes.
Dinner is done!
The recipe calls for refrigerating it right after roasting and this will stop the cooking process of the shrimp and asparagus, ensuring crisp asparagus. I’ve eaten warm and cold – so try it both ways and choose your favorite!
Take advantage of the hot sale on shrimp and asparagus at Safeway right now and make this delicious meal for dinner this week!
If you love asparagus, be sure to check out 6 Healthy Recipes for Asparagus here.
Additional Shrimp Recipes
Roasted Shrimp & Asparagus Salad
- 1 lb raw 26-30 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450º. Place shrimp, asparagus and onion on rimmed baking sheet. Whisk to combine lemon juice and zest with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add 3 tablespoons of vinaigrette and toss to combine with ingredients on baking sheet. Roast for 6-9 minutes until asparagus is al dentè and shrimp is pink and no longer translucent. Remove ingredients from sheet pan and place in a bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Toss with remaining vinaigrette. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve, 2-4 hours.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *